This book is named Toppling, Toppling is a great book inspired for little kids going through tough things in life. Toppling was illustrated by Sally Murphy, an artist who likes to write about interesting and creative things. This book is about a little boy with a big addiction to Dominos, his family thinks it’s weird but he thinks it is a great thing to have in life. John collects all different kinds of dominos and builds all different courses to knock down just to hear the clack of every block one by one falling down. John collects all different sizes and colours of dominos, he has a tun of tubs under his bed full of them. He has a hard time at school but makes a friend named Dom. Dom always talks about all the good things he has and how his footy team is going really well, but he has cancer. Read Toppling to find out what happens to Dom and how John copes. This book is recommended for students in Year 5 and above.
Over the past months this course has helped me in all different ways. It helped me be more confident with myself when reading out loud. It has helped me read more complicated books than I did before.
Nnnnnn
Hi Christian
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased you enjoyed 'Toppling'. I think Sally Murphy is a master storyteller and I'm particularly a fan of verse novels so this is a great example of that.
Have you looked at any of her other books? I find she manages to tackle some pretty tough subjects and often brings me to tears.
I can't wait to see what you read next.
Thanks for sharing :)